Lau-dal (mung dal with lauki) (veg)
- 150 gm Mung dal
- 300 gm Lau (cut into medium size)
- 1-bay leaf
- 1-2 dry red chilli
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-teaspoon coriander powder
- 1-teaspoon ginger paste
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- Water according to necessary
- First wash the dal properly.
- Boil the dal & lauki separately and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add bay-leaf, chilli, cumin seeds & ginger paste for
- Add pre-boiled dal, lau and cook it for few sec.
- Add turmeric, cumin, coriander powder, salt, sugar and cook it for 5-10 min.
- The dal is ready to serve with plain steamed
aloo-vaja, aloo-karela vaja.