Lau-Chingri (lauki with prawn) (non-veg)
- 500 gm Lau (chopped)
- 2 potatoes ( cut into medium pieces)
- 150 gm dressed prawn (medium size)
- 1-bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon chilli
- 1-teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2-cup water
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the prawn & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay-leaf and cumin seeds for sauté.
- Add potato & fry it some time, then add lau & stir continue.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin powder, salt & sugar to taste and mix well.
- Add pre-fried prawn & water and cook it 10 min with cover.
- Open the cover and stir the dish properly.
- The Lau-chigri is ready to serve with plain steamed rice.