Karaishuti Katla (Katla fish and peas with spicy gravy)
- Katla fish 250 gms (cut into pieces)
- peas 250 gms (made into a paste)
- green chilli 4-5
- salt to taste
- turmeric powder
- sugar 1 tsp
- ginger paste ½ tbsp
- garlic paste 1 tsp
- onion 1 medium size (made into a paste)
- lemon ½
- mustard oil
- small cardamom 2
- whole cumin (zeera) to taste
- Clean the fish properly.
- Marinate the fish with salt, turmeric and lemon juice for 10 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the fish in it and keep aside.
- Add onion paste in the same oil and fry.
- Then add cumin, ginger paste and garlic paste and stir well.
- Add salt and sugar after stirring well continuously for sometime.
- Add a little water and then add the fried fish after the gravy boils.
- Add the green chillies and then finally add the peas paste, cover and cook.
- When the fish softens garnish with cardamom and serve.