Kala-Chana Ghoomni (Spicy gram-flour curry)
- 100 gm gram flour (Besan)
- 1/2 table spoon of turmeric powder
- 2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard paste
- 1/2 tablespoon carom (Ajwain) seed
- 3 medium sized tomatoes ( finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seed
- 4-5 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of gram masala
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Knead a tight dough with gram flour, 2 teaspoon of oil, 2 green chilies, carom seeds, chili powder and water.
- Divided the dough into 1 cm diameter and 5-6 inches long pieces like seekh kabab.
- Boil the gram-flour pieces in water for ten minutes.
- The pieces (which are knows as gatte) are kept separately on a clean piece of cloth.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the two green chilies, cumin seeds, asafoetida.
- The mixture is cooked till it becomes brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mustard paste and cook it well.
- After that add chopped tomato and chopped onion, 2 cups of water, coriander powder, turmeric powder,garam masala, red chili powder, salt to tastes and boil for five minutes.
- Add gattas with prepared gravy and boiled for 5 minutes.
- Kala Chana Ghoomni is ready to serve.