Jhingga, Uchhe, Kumro Teto ( a bitter dish of ribbed
gourd, bitter gourd & sweet gourd )
- 150 gm pumpkin
- 150 gm ribbed gourd
- 100 gm parwal
- 100 gm bitter gourd
- 2 big potatoes
- 3-4 drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon kalonji seeds
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2 cup of water
- Cut all the vegetables in a medium cubes, wash and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add kalonji seeds for sauté.
- Add bitter gourd and fry well.
- Then add all the vegetables and fry it properly.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger paste, salt & sugar according to taste.
- Add water and cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add ghee and turn off the gas.
- Serve this dish as a first of the meal.