Jhinga Posto (ribbed gourd curry with poppy seeds)
- 2-3 Jhinga (ribbed
gourd) (wash and cut into medium pieces)
- 2 big potatoes (cut into medium cubes)
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 2-tablespoon poppy seeds paste
- 2-3 green chilli (chopped)
- 1-teaspoon panch-phoran
- 3-tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1-cup of water
- Heat the oil in a pan, give the panch-phoran for sauté.
- Add potato and jhinga & fry it untill light brown.
- Add grated coconut and poppy seeds paste & stir well.
- Add chilli, salt and sugar to taste.
- Add water and cook it for 5-10 min.
- When the gravy becomes thick the dish is ready.
- Serve Jhinga posto with Plain rice and Mung