Jeera Murgh (Chicken with Cumin seeds)
- 500 gm chicken (washed & cut in medium size pieces)
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 4 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup of hot water
- Salt and pepper to
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- When it golden brown, add the green chilies and chopped onion.
- Sauté for a while till the onions turns golden brown and the raw smell leaves.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté till the chicken becomes light brown.
- Now add the cumin powder, pepper, lemon juice, garam masala, ginger, garlic and salt to taste.
- Pour the hot water and mix it all (ensure all the spices have blended well).
- Simmer and cook for 15 min or till the chicken is done.
- The gravy must be thick and the chicken must be soft.
- Remove from flame and garnish with cumin powder.
- Keep it covered till you are ready to serve.