Jeera Ilish (hilsha with cumin seed)
- 500 gm hilsh fish with big
pieces (dressed & washed)
- 25 gm cumin seed (paste)
- 3-4 green chili
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Marinate the fish pieces with cumin paste, turmeric-chili powder,
salt & sugar to taste.
- Keep this mixture, green chili in a Tiffin box and sprinkle the mustard
oil on top & close it properly.
- Keep the Tiffin box in a pressure cooker and half fill it with water and
close the cover properly without whistle.
- After 5 min remove the cover and place the Tiffin box outside of cooker.
- After cooling open the Tiffin boxes cover.
- Enjoy Jeera fish with plain