Imli Dal (lentil with tamarind)
- 200 gm masoor dal (lentil)
- 1-cup thick ripe tamarind extract
(black mustard seeds)
- 2 dry red chilli
- 2-tablespoon curry leaves
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2-tablespoon mustard oil
Salt and sugar according to taste
- First wash the dal properly and boil it in a pressure cooker.
- Heat the oil in a pan adds the rai, dry red chilli & curry leaves for sauté.
- Add the dal and add turmeric powder.
- Add the tamarind extract just sufficient to make the dal sour.
- Salt and sugar to taste.
- Imli dal is ready to serve with steamed rice.