- 1 kg mutton (medium pieces) (washed)
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup of tomato puree
- Juice of one lemon
- 250 gm onion (chopped)
- 25 gm ginger (paste)
- 25 gm garlic (paste)
- 2 tablespoon garam masala (whole)
- 2 tablespoon fennel (whole)
- 2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds powder
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup of ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 2 cup of water
- 2 hard boiled eggs for garnishing (optional)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the fennel & whole garam masala.
- Add onion, ginger-garlic paste and fry it properly.
- Add mutton and fry it well.
- Add turmeric-chili powder, cumin-coriander powder, tomato puree,
grated coconut, Salt & sugar according to taste and cook it properly.
- Add water and cook it for half an hour in a high flame.
- When the mutton becomes soft & gravy becomes thick, sprinkle the
garam masala powder & lemon juice.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs in 4 pieces each and garnish.
- Serve hot with Lemon
rice, Pulao, Jeera rice or
Paratha or Roti .