Hing Mangsho (mutton with asafoetida)
- 1 kg mutton (medium pieces)
- 200 gm yogurt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida powder (hing)
- 1 tablespoon whole garam masala
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon cumin seed paste
- 2 tablespoon dried red chilli paste
- 4 tablespoon mustard oil
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100 gm ghee (clarified butter)
- Salt and sugar according to taste
- 2 cup of hot water
- Wash the mutton, drain the water properly and keep aside.
- Marinate the mutton for an hour with yogurt, ginger-cumin-chilli paste,
turmeric powder and mustard oil.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf, garam masala and asafoetida.
- Add the marinated mutton and fry it properly.
- Add salt, sugar and hot water and cook for 20-25 min in a heavy flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick and mutton becomes soft, turn off the gas.
- Serve hot mutton recipe with Pulao or