Hilsha with Pumpkin
- 500 gm hilsha fish (medium pieces)
- 250 gm pumpkin (wash & cut in medium pieces)
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 3-4 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 2 cup of water
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric and salt and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, lightly fry the fish pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the kalonji and chopped green chili.
- Add pumpkin and fry it properly.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste and 2 cup of water.
- Add pre-fried fish and cook it for 10-12 min in medium flame with cover.
- When the pumpkin becomes soft, enjoy with plain