Hilsha with poppy seed (Posto Ilish) Recipe
- 500 gm hilsha fish (medium pieces)
- 50 gm poppy seed paste
- 5-6 green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- Heat the 1/2 cup oil in a pan, saute the kalonji.
- Add poppy paste, chili paste, turmeric powder and fry all the spices properly.
- Add fish pieces, salt & sugar according to taste and water.
- Sprinkle the mustard oil and cook it for 10-15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When garvy become dry, serve it with steaming Plain rice.