Green Prawn Pulao
- 1 cup of Basmati rice (washed and drained)
- 1 cup of prawns (medium) (dressed & washed)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sha-jeera
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
To grind Spices:
- 3-4 green chilies
- 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 5-6 cloves
- 1’inch cinnamon
- Marinate the prawns with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder and keep aside for 15-20 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan, shallow fry the prawns but do not let them harden, keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil an sauté sha-jeera.
- Then add the ground masala and fry till the oil separates.
- Then add the washed rice and fry for 2 min, add one and a half cups water & salt and mix it well.
- When the water boils reduce the flame and cook the rice on shim till done.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and mix fried prawns and sprinkle some of the oil used for frying prawns on the rice.
- Cover and shimmer for 5 min.
- Enjoy the Prawn Pulao.