Goan Masala Pomfret
- 2 big size pomfret fish
(dressed, do not cut in pieces)
- 1/2 cup of grated
- 7-8 clove garlic
- 5-6 green chilies
- 4-5 whole
- 4-5 cloves
- Few cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon whole
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- A cup of mustard
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of fresh, chopped
- Wash the fishes and marinate with a pinch of salt & turmeric powder.
- Make a fine paste with vinegar, grated coconut, garlic, green chili, cumin
seeds, pepper, cinnamon, cloves and tamarind pulp.
- Heat some oil in a pan, well fried the fishes and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan, sauté the spices paste and fry it properly.
- Add turmeric-chili powder, salt, sugar and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add pre-fried fishes and cook for 10-12 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick and oil are separated, remove from gas.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and serve with steamed