Fried Brinjal with Neem leaves (Neem-Begun)
It is a bitter tasted dish.
- 250 gm small brinjals
- A cup of fresh neem leaves
- 1-2 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Cut the brinjals in medium cubes, wash and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of oil and shallow fry the neem leaves and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the red chili and fry until the chili becomes black.
- Add brinjal’s cubes, turmeric powder, salt and cook for 5-6 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When brinjals becomes half cooked, add pre-fried neem leaves and mix it well.
- Cook it for 4-5 min again.
- Serve with steamed Plain