Fried Banana Stem (Thor vaja)
- 4″ banana stem
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2-3 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Chop the Banana Stem finely and remove the excess thread.
- Take a pinch of salt and mix with the chopped banana stem.
- After an hour drain the extra water of chopped banana stem.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the red chili and mustard seeds.
- Add chopped banana stem and fry it well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar and cook with cover until done.
- When the water becomes totally dry, fry it properly in medium flame.
- Serve with Plain