Echad Kalia (a recipe of Immature jack fruit)
- 500 gm Jack fruit (cut in medium pieces) (dressed and washed)
- 1 big onion (chopped)
- 2 big onion paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 4 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (whole)
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 cup of water
- Boil the jack fruit, drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf and whole garam masala.
- Add onion slices and fry it properly.
- Then add onion-ginger paste, turmeric-chilli powder, yoghurt, salt and
sugar and fry the spices properly.
- Add pre-boiled jack fruit and stir it continue.
- Add water and cook it in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, turn off the gas.
- Enjoy the spicy dish with Paratha or