Dum Aloo (Potato in dry gravy)
- 1/2 kg small potatoes (boiled)
- 1-cup grated coconut
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoonful ginger paste
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon chilli powder
- 1-teaspoonful cumin powder
- 1-teaspoonful coriander powder
- 1-teaspoonful garam masala powder
- 2-tablespoon mustard oil
Salt & sugar according to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pre-boiled potato in low flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay leaf, cumin seeds for sauté.
- Add ginger paste, turmeric, chilli, cumin, coriander powder, salt and sugar to taste.
- Add tomato and 1/2 cup water & cook it for 2-3 min with cover.
- When masala becomes thick, add potatoes, grated coconut and cook it for few min.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder and mixed well.
The dish is ready, serve it with luchi or