- 500 gm chicken (boneless) (washed & cut in big pieces)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2-3 tablespoon tamarind pulp
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of grated coconut (whole)
- 7-8 black pepper corn
- 1 tablespoon sha-jeera (whole)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds (whole)
- Heat 5-6 tablespoon oil in a pan, add grated coconut, pepper, jeera and fennel seeds.
- Fry all the spices till light brown, let it cool and make a paste and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add garlic paste chicken pieces and fry it well till brown.
- Add turmeric powder, tamarind pulp, sugar, salt, 5-6 tablespoon of water and half cook it.
- Add coconut paste and shimmer for 5-6 min till fully done.
- Serve hot with Rice.