Chital Chamak (spicy dish of clown knife fish)
- 300 gm clown knife fish
(boneless) (washed & grated)
- 1 cup of corn flour
- 1 cup of onion paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup of coriander leaves (chopped)
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 2 cups of mustard oil
- 2 cups of water
- Boil the water and add the grated fish.
- When the fish becomes soft and takes a form of a
dough cut the fish dough in diamond shape.
- Make a batter with corn flour & water.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, dip the fish pieces in the batter and deep fry.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste,
turmeric chili powder, tomato puree, salt & sugar according to taste.
- Fry the spices properly, add pre-fried fish and water.
- Cook it for 10-12 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, sprinkle the graram masala powder and coriander leaves.
- Serve the dish with steaming plain