- 3 Chicken breast fillets (cleaned)
- 3 large onions
- 1- ½ cup of tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 2-inch ginger (chopped)
- 3 pods garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 10-12 Kashmiri chilies
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon Palm jaggery
- Salt to taste
- Make a smooth paste of garlic and ginger by adding coconut vinegar, keep it aside.
- Now grind the poppy seeds and chilies separately in a grinder.
- Mix it with garam masala, ginger-garlic paste and tamarind puree.
- Blend well to make a thick paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium flame, add onions and fry till they turn dark brown.
- Add spice paste, some oil and fry the onions for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and a little turmeric powder to onions. Sauté the dish for 5 minutes.
- Add some water and bring the dish to boil. Now add salt and jaggery, and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on a low flame for at least 30-40 min, till the chicken is cooked.
- Chicken Vindaloo is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with steamed basmati rice and