- 800 gm chicken (medium sized pieces)
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 7-8 medium onions (cut into rings)
- 1 cup of coriander leaves (ground to a paste)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2-3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of fresh coriander leaves for garnishing (finely chopped)
- Make incisions on the chicken pieces.
- Rub the yogurt and the coriander paste all over the chicken pieces.
- Mix the onion rings and allow to marinate in a tightly covered heavy-bottomed pan for an hour .
- Cook the tightly covered chicken on medium flame for 1–15 min or till the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add the clarified butter and the rest of the ingredients and fry on low level for 6
min or till the chicken is tenderized coated with the gravy.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve Chicken-do-piaza with Romali roti or
Paratha or steamed