Chicken Chettinad (Chicken in South Indian
- 1 kg Chicken (dressed & washed) (cut in medium size)
- 1 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoon Coriander powder
- 3 tablespoon Chili
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder
- 7-8 Cloves
- 1/2 cup of Tamarind pulp
- 5-6 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat the tawa, roast the pepper, cumin seeds and fennel seeds together and powdered them and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the cloves and add onion, tomato and fry them.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and fry it well.
- Add chicken with turmeric powder and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
- Pour 4 cups of water and boil.
- When chicken is half boiled, add the roasted spices (pepper, cumin seed and fennel) powder and mix well.
- When the gravy becomes thick, remove from fire.
- Serve hot with Plain