Chichinga Posto (snack gourd with poppy seed)
- 4-5 Chichingga
(snake gourd) (wash & cut into slices)
- 25 gm Posto (poppy seeds) (paste)
- 25 gm Rai (black mustard seeds) (paste)
- 2-3 green chilli (paste)
- 1-teaspoon kalonji
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup of water
- Heat the oil in a pan and medium fry the chichinga & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the kalonji.
- Add all the paste (poppy, mustard, chilli) and fry well.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste and mix well
- Add pre-fried chichinga and stir in continue.
- Add water and cook it for 10 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick & chichinga becomes soft, stir it properly.
- Enjoy the Chichinga Posto with steaming Plain