Chholar Dal (Pea pulse recipe)
- 200 gm chholar dal
- 1-cup grated coconut
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoonful cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoonful ginger paste
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoonful garam masala powder
- 2-tablespoon mustard oil
Salt & sugar according to taste
- First wash the dal properly and boil it but don’t drain the water.
- Heat the oil in a pan & add bay leaf, cumin seeds and ginger paste for sauté.
- Add the pre-boiled dal and cook it for few min.
- Add coconut, turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste & cook it for 5 min with cover.
Sprinkle garam masala and serve it with luchi