Chhenar Malaikari (a spicy dish of cottage cheese)
- 500 gm cottage cheese (chhena) (cut in big cubes)
- 1 big onion (cut in slices)
- 2 big onion paste
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (whole)
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- A cup of coconut milk
- A cup of water (if needed)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf and whole garam masala.
- Add onion slices and fry it properly.
- Add onion paste, ginger-chilli paste, turmeric powder, salt, sugar to taste
and fry the masala properly.
- Add cottage cheese pieces and stir it carefully.
- Add coconut milk and cook it for 10 min in a low flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick and juicy, place it for cooling.
- Enjoy the spicy dish with Pulao or
Plain rice or