Channa Madra (Chick-peas recipe in Himachal Pradesh style)
- 250 gm chick peas (kabuli chana) (soaked in water over night)
- 250 gm yogurt
- 3 tablespoon raisins
- 2-3 cardamoms
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon black cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt according to taste
- 250 gm ghee (clarified butter)
- Wash the soaked peas and drain the water properly.
- Cook the chick-peas in a pressure cooker with proper water (do not over cooked).
- Heat the ghee in a pan, saute the cardamom, cloves.
- Add black cardamom powder, turmeric, cumin seeds and pre-boiled chick-peas & cook it well.
- Then add salt, raisins, yogurt and cook in low flame for 20 min.
- Chhan Madra is ready to serve with Roti.