Cauliflower with Rice
- 1 medium size cauliflower (cut in medium size and soaked in a salty, hot water)
- 2 potatoes (washed & cut in medium size cubes)
- 100 gm gobindo-bhog rice (small, scented rice)
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 dried red chili
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Salt to taste
- 5-6 tablespoon mustard oil
- Wash the rice, drain the water and dry on a flat broad surface.
- Drain the water of cauliflower and properly wash and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the cauliflower and potato separately and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, sauté the bay leaf and dried red chili and fry for few min.
- Add pre-washed rice and fry till pink.
- Add pre-fried potatoes, green peas, ginger paste, cumin paste, turmeric
powder, sugar and salt to taste and fry it well till the oil separated.
- Add pre-fried cauliflower and fry with spices.
- Add a cup of water and cook it in a medium flame with cover till done.
- When the water is totally evaporate, remove from gas.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder and ghee and serve hot.