Brinjal with mustard oil (Tel Begun)
- 300 gm brinjal (wash & cut in medium pieces)
- 2 onion (cut in thin slices)
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1 cup of mustard oil
- 1/2 cup of water (if needed)
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the brinjal pieces properly and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the kalonji.
- Add onion slices and fry it till light brown.
- Add pre-fried brinjal, turmeric powder, salt & sugar to taste and
3-4 tablespoon of water.
- Cook it for 5-6 min in a low flame with cover.
- After that open the cover and stir it properly and serve with Roti or