Begoon-chingri Torkari (a preparation of potato,
brinjal & prawn)
- 150 gm dressed Prawn (marinate with a pinch of turmeric & salt)
- 150 gm Brinjal (cut into medium size)
- 100 gm Potato (cut into medium size)
- 2 Onion (chopped)
- 2-3 green chilli
- 1-teaspoon panch phoran
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & sugar according to taste
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 1 cup water
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the brinjal and potato separately & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the panch phoran.
- Add onion & chilli and fry it well.
- Add marinated prawn and stir in continue.
- Add pre-fired brinjal & potato.
- Add turmeric powder, salt & sugar to taste and mix well.
- Add water and cook it for 10-15 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, stir it properly.
- Serve the Begun-chingri with steaming Plain