Bandha-kopir Torkari (cabbage dish)
- 1/2 kg cabbage (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (cut into small size)
- 1-cup gram seeds (soaked in water for over night)
- 1 tomato (cut into small pieces)
- 2-tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1-teaspoon cumin powder
- 1-teaspoon coriander powder
- 1-teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt & sugar according to taste.
- First boil the cabbage and gram seeds together.
- After boiling drain the water & keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add bay leaf and the cumin seeds for sauté.
- Add the potato and fry it for 2-3 min.
- Add turmeric, cumin, coriander powder and salt & sugar according to taste.
- Add tomato and cooked it for few min.
- Add pre-boiled cabbage and mix it well and cooked it with cover for 5 min.
- Sprinkle the garam masala powder.
- The dish is ready and serves it with roti, paratha etc.