Alu-Chokha (Spicy Potato)
- 2-3 potatoes (medium cubed)
- 1big onion (chopped)
- 3-4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon amchur (dried mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 2-3 dried red chili
- 3-4 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- 3/4 cup of water
- Salt according to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the dried red chili, coriander seeds.
- Add chopped onion, green chili and chopped garlic.
- When the onions turn red add the potatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add salt, cumin-coriander powder and 3/4 cup of water.
- Cook it for 10 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes dry, place it down.
- Sprinkle amchur powder and mix it with the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander laeves.
- Enjoy hot Alu-chokha.