- 800 gms Boneless mutton
- 4 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon kalonji
- 5 cloves
- 1 teaspoon saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- ½ cup coriander leaves (chopped)
- 8 whole red chillies
- 1/2 cup of mustard Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the mutton in small pieces.
- Chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Roast the whole spices separately and grind them altogether.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the chopped ginger-garlic.
- Add coarsely ground masala powder, keep stirring contineously.
- Add mutton and cook it on high flame till the time it turns brown.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Cook it till the time when the oil leaves the masala.
- Add about 3 cups of water, bring it to a boil and cover.
- Cook it till the time mutton is fully done.
- Put coriander leaves on its top and serve hot with Roti, Paratha or Plain Rice.