Achari Murgh (Pickled Chicken)
- 1 kg Chicken pieces (washed and cut in medium size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon nigella
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 large onions (cut
- 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tablespoon mustard oil
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and add the mustard, fennel, fenugreek, cumin,
nigella seeds, chilies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onion slices and fry on high flame for few seconds till the onions are well coated with oil and are still crunchy (neither fried nor
- Transfer to a bowl, leaving the oil in the pan.
- Add the ginger-garlic pastes, turmeric, red chili powder to the same pan and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry on high flame about 2 min.
- Add the water and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook on medium flame for 20-25 min.
- Add the tomato puree and fry on high flame for few seconds.
- Now add the fried onion mix and sprinkle salt to taste, mix well.
- Sauté on a high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and remove for fire.
- Achaari Murgh is ready to Serve.