Aam Ilish (Hilsha fish with mango)
The taste will be hot and sour.
For 4 people
- 500 gm dressed Hilsha fish cut into medium sized pieces
- 150 gm green mango (cut into big pieces)
- 2-3 green chilli
- 1-tablespoon rai (black mustard seeds)
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2-cup mustard oil
Salt and sugar according to taste
- First marinate the fish with a pinch of turmeric powder, salt & few drops mustard oil.
- Heat the oil in a pan and medium fry the fish carefully and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the rai and sauté.
- Add the green chilli and mango pieces and cooked it for few minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and sugar to taste & cooked it for 2 min.
- Then add the pre-fried fish & cooked it for 2-3 min with cover.
- The dish is ready and serves with steamed plain rice.