Aam Dal (lentil with mango)
This is a sour dish; generally it served as the last item of Indian menu.
- 200 gm masoor dal (lentil)
- 2- cup sliced green mango
- 1-teaspoon rai (black mustard seeds)
- 2 dry red chilli
- 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2-tablespoon mustard oil
Salt and sugar according to taste
- First wash the dal properly and boil it in a pressure cooker.
- When the dal is half cooked add the mango slices & cooked it for 5 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan adds the rai & dry red chilli for sauté.
- Add the mango mixed dal and add turmeric powder.
- Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Aam dal is ready to serve with steamed rice.