Uppittu (Spicy Vermicelli)
- 2 cups of rice vermicelli
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (carrots,
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt according to taste
- Juice of a lemon
- Boil the water and remove from gas.
- Add vermicelli, let it stand for 4-5 min, after that drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the mustard seeds and green chili.
- Add chopped onion and fry until light brown.
- Add pre-boiled vegetables and fry it properly.
- Now, add vermicelli, salt and pepper to taste and mix it carefully.
- After that remove from fire and sprinkle the lemon juice on top.
- Serve hot.