Tomato Prawn Curry (Caril de Tomato)
- 1/2 kg red tomato (skined, chopped & remove seeds)
- 1/2 kg fresh prawns (washed & dressed)
- 1 coconut (grated)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8 peppercorns
- 3 cloves
- 2 large onions (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Grind the turmeric, peppercorns, cloves and cumin seeds together.
- Strain the coconut milk and keep the thick and thin milk separately.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onion, ginger, garlic and chillies until
onions are slightly brown.
- Add ground spices and fry for a few min.
- Add the prawns and fry properly with spices, then add the tomato juice
& salt to taste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thin coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thick coconut milk and cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve with Plain rice.