Shir Sewain (Sweet dish)
- 250 gm roasted vermicelli
- 750 ml milk
- 400 gm sugar
- 100 gm crumbled khoya
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of pistachio
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 2-3 tablespoon roasted almond slivers
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron strands
(soaked in 1 tablespoon of hot water)
- Silver foil (for garnishing)
- Heat the ghee in a pan, fry vermicelli until light brown.
- Pour milk and stir it properly..
- Allow it to simmer for two minutes.
- Add sugar and continue cooking till the sugar dissolves.
- Add saffron, khoya, raisins and nuts and stir.
- Decorate with edible silver foil, remaining saffron and dried fruit.
- Enjoy it.