Shahi Paneer (Cottage cheese dish in Royal style)
- 250 gm paneer (cottage cheese)
(cut in cube)
- 1/2 cup of beaten curd
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2-3 cardamoms (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili
- 2 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 3-4 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Heat the half of ghee, sauté onion, ginger, green chili and cardamom, fry
it for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 7-8 minutes, with cover.
- Add curd and 1/2 cup of water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let it (fried spices) coo and blend in a mixture till it becomes smooth .
- Heat remaining ghee in a pan, add gravy and other ingredients except milk and
paneer and boil to get a very thick gravy.
- Just before serving, heat gravy, add milk and paneer cubes and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated paneer.
- Enjoy Shahi Paneer with Paratha.