- Roast coriander, cumin, poppy seeds, almonds, black cardamoms, pepper,
cloves, mace and deggi mirch in a pan.
- Grind the roasted ingredients to a paste along with ginger, garlic and
nutmeg, adding a little water.
- Heat ghee in a big pan, sauté the bay leaves, cinnamon and green cardamoms
and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ground paste, tomatoes, turmeric and chili powder.
- Fry it well till the gravy turns thick, now add the curd and mix till well
- When oil starts separating, add the meat, salt and sugar and cook till the
meat is lightly browned.
- Add a cup of warm water and mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Close the pan and simmer on low heat till the meat is well cooked.
- When gravy becomes thick, remove from gas.
- Serve hot.
** Deggi Mirch is a unique blend of Indian red chilies
that imparts an attractive, natural red colour to dishes.