- 500 gm mutton (washed & cut in big pieces)
- 2 big onions
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup of beaten
- 1 teaspoon deggi mirch**
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon
- 15-16 almonds
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 black cardamoms
- A pinch of mace
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 bay
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon red
- 8-10 cloves
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/2 cup of
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Roast coriander, cumin, poppy seeds, almonds, black cardamoms, pepper,
cloves, mace and deggi mirch in a pan.
- Grind the roasted ingredients to a paste along with ginger, garlic and
nutmeg, adding a little water.
- Heat ghee in a big pan, sauté the bay leaves, cinnamon and green cardamoms
and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ground paste, tomatoes, turmeric and chili powder.
- Fry it well till the gravy turns thick, now add the curd and mix till well
- When oil starts separating, add the meat, salt and sugar and cook till the
meat is lightly browned.
- Add a cup of warm water and mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Close the pan and simmer on low heat till the meat is well cooked.
- When gravy becomes thick, remove from gas.
- Serve hot.
** Deggi Mirch is a unique blend of Indian red chilies
that imparts an attractive, natural red colour to dishes.