- Clean, wash and soak the rice overnight.
- Drain the water of rice and grind it along with grated coconut and
salt using very little water so that the dough will be quite dry.
- Divide the dough in equal portions.
- Grease a banana leaf and spread a portion of the dough using two fingers
to make a 1/4 cm thick chapati.
- Heat up a griddle (tava) and grease it slightly.
- Gently take off the chapati from the leaf and put it on the hot tava.
- Roast the chapati on both sides till lightly browned.
- Serve hot with mutton or chicken curry.