- 500 gm potato
- 100 gm onion (chopped)
- 4 slices of bread
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3-4 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 2-3 tablespoon curry leaves
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes and remove the skin.
- Mash the potatoes and keep aside.
- Take the bread slices and remove the outer brown crust.
- Dip the bread slices in water and squeeze the water gently.
- Add the wet bread with the mashed potatoes, onions, chilies, cumin seeds, coriander
and curry leaves, salt and knead a soft dough.
- While mixing it, make it small balls and flatten it.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the patties till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or green
Note: Make certain that you are squeezing out all the water from the bread (yet, it should be moistened enough to mix with the potatoes).