Potala Rasa (Parwal with coconut milk)
- 500 gm Parwal
- 2 large Potatoes
- 2 medium size Onions
- 20 gm Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup of Coconut (grated)
- 1/2 cup of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash & peel the skin and cut the parwal into two pieces.
- Cut the potatoes into medium pieces, wash and keep aside.
- Add 3 cups warm water with grated coconut and strain out the coconut milk and keep aside.
- Grind the onion, ginger and cumin seeds and make a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the potatoes, parwals, salt and turmeric powder and fry it well.
- Cover the lid for sometime, then fry till red.
- Add the spices paste and powdered spices and fry.
- Then add the coconut milk and grated coconut to it and let it boil till it is cooked.
- When the gravy becomes thick, turn off the gas.
- Enjoy Potala Rasa with Rice.