Poora Haah (Roasted Duck)
- 1 medium size Duck (dressed & washed)
- 1 egg
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 large potato (cut in cubed)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 3 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2-4 green chilies
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves (ground)
- 2 stalks green spring onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chili
- A cup of mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Take salt and mix it in lime juice, rub this mixture inside and outside of the washed duck and keep it at least 15 min.
- Crumble the bread slices and mix to the potato cubes.
- Now also mix all the ingredients mentioned above along with half of the cooking oil.
- Beat the egg properly and fold it into the mixture.
- Take the giblet and add it the this mixture and stir well.
- Rub the half of oil all over the duck once again and stuff the mixture and truss it properly.
- Roast the whole duck on a charcoal fire for till it is done.
- Instead of charcoal fire, you can also roast in hot oven (don’t forget to baste the duck with a little
cooking oil frequently while it is being roasted).
- Poora Haah is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with boiled rice and roasted potatoes.