Poda Pitha (Baked cake)
- 300 gm Rice
- 150 gm black
gram (without outer skin) (chopa-chhada biri)
- 1 cup of grated
coconut (nadia kora)
- 10-15 small pieces of thin
coconut slices (nadia
- 200 gm sugar (chini)
- 50gm chopped ginger
- 1 cup of
cashew nut (broken into pieces) ( khandi kaju)
- 1 table spoon
ghee or refined oil (ghia / refain tela)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon
- Soak the rice and black gram in water in separate bowls for 4 hours.
- Wash them thoroughly, put the black gram with water in the grinder to form
a fine batter.
- Do the same with rice too but keep in mind that the batter should be
coarse and not as fine as the batter of black gram.
- Mix both the batters and add baking powder, coconut slices, grated
coconut, chopped ginger, salt, sugar & cashew nuts.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and keep it covered for 2 hours for
- Pre-heat the pressure cooker and form a thin layer of oil on all the inner
surface of the cooker.
- Now pour the mixed batter into the cooker and close the lid (without
mounting the whistle-weight).
- Place the pressure cooker in simmer flame for one hour.
- When the cooker comes to normal temperature take out the pitha carefully,
and cut it into desired shapes and serve.