Pithagurir Tenga (Rice powder with fish, tasted sour)
- 5-6 fish pieces (dressed and washed)
- 6 pieces dry cocum (thekera)
- 1-2 tablespoon rice powder
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 150 gm mustard oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 2 cups of hot water
- Some fresh green chilies
- Marinate the fish pieces with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt.
- Soak the cocum in half cup of water for half an hour.
- After that mash the cocum and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, medium fry the marinated fish and keep aside.
- Mix the rice powder with salt, sugar, turmeric powder and hot water and keeep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the fenugreek seeds and chopped garlic and fry it well.
- Add the rice powder mixture and let it boil with cover.
- Add pre-fried fish, cocum juice and stir it properly.
- Cook it for 10-12 min in a medium flame with cover.
- When the gravy becomes thick, remove it from fire.
- Serve Pithgurir tenga with Plain rice and green chili.