- 2-3 bunches of fresh spinach (cleaned)
150 gm paneer (cut in medium cubes)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon green chili paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Mix the ginger-garlic paste, green chili paste and some water with spinach.
- Put the mixture in a pressure cooker, cook it for 7-8 min.
- Blend the mixture with a blender to make an even thick spinach paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the paneer cubes till it is light brown.
- Soaked the fried paneer in a water for few min and after that drain & keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan and saute the bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- Add the chopped onion, salt, black pepper powder, garam masala.
- Add the fried paneer cubes and cooked spinach & stir it properly.
- Sprinkle some butter on top and enjoy with Roti or Paratha.