Palak ki Puri (Fried spinach bread)
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 2 cups of fresh spinach (washed)
- 3-4 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1-2 teaspoon green chili
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (crushed)
- 1/2 cup of plain curd
- Salt to taste
- Ghee (for deep frying)
- Boil the spinach with some water and make a fine paste.
- Make a stiff and smooth dough with flour, spinach paste, ginger-chili paste, crushed cumin
seeds, plain curd, salt and water and keep aside for half an hour with a cover.
- After that, make some medium size balls from the dough and roll it in
flat round disc of 4″ diameter.
- Heat the ghee in a tawa, fry both sides of the puris properly.
- Serve hot with mango or chili